Application blocked....untrusted

Hi all
I’m very new at this - any assistance will be appreciated.
When I want preview an app - mine or others in Exchange - the Java logo
appears and lasts for about 3 seconds then it reports - “Application
Blocked by Security Settings” and “Security settings have blocked an
untrusted application from running”.
I think it’s a Java security warning but unsure.
Any suggestion re solving this problem.
I’m on Windows 7 and Chrome.
Regards
Mark

I found the error report - this may help

Java Plug-in 10.55.2.14
Using JRE version 1.7.0_55-b14 Java HotSpot™ Client VM
User home directory = C:\Users\Mark

··· ---------------------------------------------------- c: clear console window f: finalize objects on finalization queue g: garbage collect h: display this help message l: dump classloader list m: print memory usage o: trigger logging q: hide console r: reload policy configuration s: dump system and deployment properties t: dump thread list v: dump thread stack x: clear classloader cache 0-5: set trace level to

On Tuesday, 29 April 2014 07:12:18 UTC+2, Mark Webb wrote:

Hi all
I’m very new at this - any assistance will be appreciated.
When I want preview an app - mine or others in Exchange - the Java logo
appears and lasts for about 3 seconds then it reports - “Application
Blocked by Security Settings” and “Security settings have blocked an
untrusted application from running”.
I think it’s a Java security warning but unsure.
Any suggestion re solving this problem.
I’m on Windows 7 and Chrome.
Regards
Mark

Please ignore this request for help - I have solved the problem.
Regards
Mark

··· On Tuesday, 29 April 2014 07:12:18 UTC+2, Mark Webb wrote: > > Hi all > I'm very new at this - any assistance will be appreciated. > When I want preview an app - mine or others in Exchange - the Java logo > appears and lasts for about 3 seconds then it reports - "Application > Blocked by Security Settings" and "Security settings have blocked an > untrusted application from running". > I think it's a Java security warning but unsure. > Any suggestion re solving this problem. > I'm on Windows 7 and Chrome. > Regards > Mark >

Dear Mark,

how did you solved the problem

Dhanraj

··· On Tuesday, April 29, 2014 3:22:31 PM UTC+5:30, Mark Webb wrote: > > Please ignore this request for help - I have solved the problem. > Regards > Mark > > On Tuesday, 29 April 2014 07:12:18 UTC+2, Mark Webb wrote: >> >> Hi all >> I'm very new at this - any assistance will be appreciated. >> When I want preview an app - mine or others in Exchange - the Java logo >> appears and lasts for about 3 seconds then it reports - "Application >> Blocked by Security Settings" and "Security settings have blocked an >> untrusted application from running". >> I think it's a Java security warning but unsure. >> Any suggestion re solving this problem. >> I'm on Windows 7 and Chrome. >> Regards >> Mark >> >

I was trying to access an Android app from a Laptop.
When I tried from an Android platform it worked correctly.
Regards

Mark Webb

Line +27 (21) 786 4379
Cell +27 (72) 199 1000 [Poor reception]
Fax +27 (86) 260 1946

Skype tomarkwebb
Email targetlinkmark@gmail.com

··· On 2014/05/05 01:06 PM, Veeraraghavan E wrote: > Dear Mark, > > how did you solved the problem > > Dhanraj > > On Tuesday, April 29, 2014 3:22:31 PM UTC+5:30, Mark Webb wrote: > > Please ignore this request for help - I have solved the problem. > Regards > Mark > > On Tuesday, 29 April 2014 07:12:18 UTC+2, Mark Webb wrote: > > Hi all > I'm very new at this - any assistance will be appreciated. > When I want preview an app - mine or others in Exchange - the > Java logo appears and lasts for about 3 seconds then it > reports - "Application Blocked by Security Settings" and > "Security settings have blocked an untrusted application from > running". > I think it's a Java security warning but unsure. > Any suggestion re solving this problem. > I'm on Windows 7 and Chrome. > Regards > Mark > > -- > You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the > Google Groups "commcare-users" group. > To unsubscribe from this topic, visit > https://groups.google.com/d/topic/commcare-users/b8Ejl6KHXmo/unsubscribe. > To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to > commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > . > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Java recently introduced a whitelist of websites that are allowed to serve
Java Applet content.

You can read about how to add a website to your list of accepted content
here:
https://www.java.com/en/download/help/java_blocked.xml

-Clayton

··· On Mon, May 5, 2014 at 7:09 AM, Mark Webb wrote:

I was trying to access an Android app from a Laptop.
When I tried from an Android platform it worked correctly.
Regards

Mark Webb

Line +27 (21) 786 4379
Cell +27 (72) 199 1000 [Poor reception]
Fax +27 (86) 260 1946

Skype tomarkwebb
Email targetlinkmark@gmail.com

On 2014/05/05 01:06 PM, Veeraraghavan E wrote:

Dear Mark,

how did you solved the problem

Dhanraj

On Tuesday, April 29, 2014 3:22:31 PM UTC+5:30, Mark Webb wrote:

Please ignore this request for help - I have solved the problem.
Regards
Mark

On Tuesday, 29 April 2014 07:12:18 UTC+2, Mark Webb wrote:

Hi all
I’m very new at this - any assistance will be appreciated.
When I want preview an app - mine or others in Exchange - the Java logo
appears and lasts for about 3 seconds then it reports - “Application
Blocked by Security Settings” and “Security settings have blocked an
untrusted application from running”.
I think it’s a Java security warning but unsure.
Any suggestion re solving this problem.
I’m on Windows 7 and Chrome.
Regards
Mark


You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the
Google Groups “commcare-users” group.
To unsubscribe from this topic, visit
https://groups.google.com/d/topic/commcare-users/b8Ejl6KHXmo/unsubscribe.
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to
commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"commcare-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.