Add Headers to data forwarding URL

When posting a form to Salesforce with the data forwarding tool, I need to add authentication headers in the request. Is there an option available to edit headers?

Hi Elia,

Thank you for your question (also saw your support ticket)! We do not support adding custom headers to the data forwarding URL, but you can add authentication credentials and the type (basic or digest) if you click "edit" next to the data forwarding URL in your configuration page, and we will automatically turn that into authentication headers for you.

Best,
Kai

Hi Kai,

thank you so much for the quick reply.

Unfortunately, my headers are of the type:

• "authorization: bearer 1234...."
  • "content-type: application/json"
    Do you confirm it's not possible to add those, right?

Any tip on how to solve? I guess I should look for an intermediate forwarder

Hi Kai,
just a heads up, I could solve it from the recipient's end, handling security there.

Bests,

Hi Elia,

If the data forwarder is configured to send JSON, then the header Content-Type: application/json will automatically be added to the request. Similarly, if an authentication protocol and username/password are provided, authorization headers will be added, such as Authorization: Basic QWxhZGRpbjpPcGVuU2VzYW1l

However, only Basic and Digest authentication are supported, and it looks like your project uses OAuth2 authentication, which is not currently supported by data forwarders.