if statement would not be ideal, but would that be the only method to do
this? There is not something like a "case()" statement that would consider
an array of possibilities, is there?

Thanks much!

--Eric

Eric,

Not sure what plan you're on, but it seems like this could be a good fit
for a Lookup Table in you form.

https://confluence.dimagi.com/display/commcarepublic/Creating+and+Updating+Lookup+Tables

You can create a lookup table that associates codes with a printable name,
and the lookup into that table.

-Clayton

ยทยทยท On Thu, Dec 18, 2014 at 1:45 AM, Eric Stephan wrote: > > > Hi folks -- an odd question here. > > I have a "single answer" question in my form that aims which clinical > service was performed. Our main goal in collecting this is to record the > service's*code,* because that code is going to be combined with other codes > to generate a full, long UIC code. > > Therefore the choices that I have in that "which service was performed" > question have as their actual "choice value" a quite small code, while the > label for each of those choices provides fuller information about the real > name of that service. > > (For example, one choice has its choice *value* as 09, but the label > that's given for that option, and its actual meaning, is "Walk-in STI." > > Here is my question. At the end of this form, I have a "summary" page > where I output various information that was entered into the form. When I > want to output the choice that was made for this "service performed" > question, of course, a normal output just displays "09." What I would > love is for the app to be able to reference the meaning of that code. For > example, if it could go and reference the *label* that had been associated > with 09, and output that. Or, if not that, then doing some other form of > "lookup" to convert the meaning of that code, so I output something like > "09 -- Walk-in STI." > > There are 12 options in that question, so a long, if, if, if, if, if, if, > if statement would not be ideal, but would that be the only method to do > this? There is not something like a "case()" statement that would consider > an array of possibilities, is there? > > Thanks much! > > --Eric > > -- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups > "commcare-users" group. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an > email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. >