[resolved] CommCare HQ Technical Issues - September 27, 2018

(Kishan Sampat) #1

Dear CommCare HQ users, we are currently experiencing technical issues on our server, causing slowness on the CommCare HQ. You may occasionally see the maintenance page while trying to access your project. You may also experience slowness / errors while generating exports and reports. We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience. Our engineers are working to resolve these issues as soon as possible.

Regards,

(Kishan Sampat) #2

Update: October 1 2018

Dear Users,

We’re still experiencing issues with our server and you may continue to see slowness on CommCare HQ. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Regards,

(Kishan Sampat) #3

Update: October 1 2018, 11:00 AM UTC

Dear Users,

We’ve taken measures to curb the slowness, and the site should be performing better. We’re working to fully stabilize the site and hope to have the site fully stable by COB today.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Regards,

(Tumainiel) #4

Hi Kishan,

We are still experiencing a slowness and failures especially in mobile worker login and syncing data from the devices. Also lookup tables doesn’t respond when I uploaded the data into it.

I will be glad to have these issues resolved completely.
Thanks,
Tumainiel

(Kishan Sampat) #5

Hi Tumainiel,
I am sorry to hear that you are still experiencing issues with mobile worker logins and lookup tables. Would you be able to report an issue with the relevant details of the mobile workers and application with which you are facing these issues? Do also report an issue on the lookup tables with the relevant details, and we will be happy to investigate.

Majority of our performance issues have been resolved, and if you are facing issues with certain functionalities, we would certainly be happy to look into them and smoothen this out for you.

Regards,

(Innocent) #6

This problem is most experienced with mobile app users once they update their app forms they experience huge connection refuse with the servers during login. The problem is more during data synchronization.

(Ayomipo Edinger) #7

Site performance is improved but occasionally I still experience some slowness and i just saw the maintenance page popup. Also some mobile workers have complained about connection and sync issues as described above.

(Kishan Sampat) #8

Hi Ayomipo,

We faced some performance issues yesterday, around the time that you posted the above message. While the issues were resolved by the end of the day, we are still continuing to monitor the system, and are also continuing to make improvements to our servers to prevent this from happening repeatedly.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. I assure you that we are looking into this with the highest priority.

Kishan

(Kishan Sampat) #9

Hi,

Sorry to hear you were facing this issue. We believe that this might not be related to performance issues. If you continue to face the problem, please report an issue to support@dimagi.com with the relevant details of the mobile workers and the project space, and we’ll be happy to investigate further.

Regards,

(Ayomipo Edinger) #10

I am currently experiencing terrible slowness with commcare pages. performance has degraded again and it takes between 2 - 5 minutes for pages to open or forms to save. please kindly update on server status? I have confirmed that my data connection is fine as other websites are opening in seconds.

(Kishan Sampat) #11

Hi Ayomipo,
I’m sorry to know that you experienced slowness with CommCare. We’ve posted an update regarding the issues that we are currently facing. Although we have resolved most of the issues, we are still noticing slowness during peak work hours in the Asia and Africa time zones. We’re working to eliminate the last of this slowness. We are truly sorry for the inconvenience that you have faced over the last few weeks.

Regards,
Kishan