Pre-filling multiple choice questions from uploaded cases

I have been doing some bulk uploading of new cases using the Excel
importer. All of the text and numerical inputs have been working fine, but
the multiple choice questions have not been pre-filling based on the Excel
data. Is there a way to get multiple choice questions to pre-fill from bulk
uploads?

Kevan,

What format are you using to upload multiple choice question data?

-Clayton

··· On Wed, Jan 8, 2014 at 3:51 AM, wrote:

I have been doing some bulk uploading of new cases using the Excel
importer. All of the text and numerical inputs have been working fine, but
the multiple choice questions have not been pre-filling based on the Excel
data. Is there a way to get multiple choice questions to pre-fill from bulk
uploads?


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"commcare-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

I am using the normal Excel format according to the Excel importer
instructions. So columns corresponding to case properties that have the
desired data to bulk upload to cases. It works fine for text and numerical
inputs, but not multiple choice questions.

··· On Friday, January 10, 2014 9:13:06 PM UTC+3, Clayton Sims wrote: > > Kevan, > > What format are you using to upload multiple choice question data? > > -Clayton > > > On Wed, Jan 8, 2014 at 3:51 AM, <kevan.ch...@oneacrefund.org wrote: > >> I have been doing some bulk uploading of new cases using the Excel >> importer. All of the text and numerical inputs have been working fine, but >> the multiple choice questions have not been pre-filling based on the Excel >> data. Is there a way to get multiple choice questions to pre-fill from bulk >> uploads? >> >> -- >> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups >> "commcare-users" group. >> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an >> email to commcare-user...@googlegroups.com . >> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out. >> > >

Hi Kevan,

For a multiple choice - single answer question, make sure you are putting
the Item Value in the Excel document that you are uploading. For example,
you may have a gender question with the responses being Male/Female. Your
form is setup so that the item value for Male is “M” and “F” for female.
Make sure your Excel document has the Item Value not the Label.

For a multiple choice - multiple answer question, make sure you are space
separating each valid answer. Again, you’ll need to put the item values in
the Excel uploader, not the Label of each choice.

Thanks,
Sheel

··· On Saturday, January 11, 2014, wrote:

I am using the normal Excel format according to the Excel importer
instructions. So columns corresponding to case properties that have the
desired data to bulk upload to cases. It works fine for text and numerical
inputs, but not multiple choice questions.

On Friday, January 10, 2014 9:13:06 PM UTC+3, Clayton Sims wrote:

Kevan,

What format are you using to upload multiple choice question data?

-Clayton

On Wed, Jan 8, 2014 at 3:51 AM, kevan.ch...@oneacrefund.org wrote:

I have been doing some bulk uploading of new cases using the Excel
importer. All of the text and numerical inputs have been working fine, but
the multiple choice questions have not been pre-filling based on the Excel
data. Is there a way to get multiple choice questions to pre-fill from bulk
uploads?


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups “commcare-users” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
an email to commcare-user...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"commcare-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com <javascript:_e({},
‘cvml’, ‘commcare-users%2Bunsubscribe@googlegroups.com’);>.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.


Sheel Shah
Project Manager | Dimagi India
t: +91 1146704670 | m: +91 9560187282