Multimedia upload (Video) not working for me

Hi all,

I am new to this forum and am currently exploring the possibilities of
CommCare to develop a screening application.
In this test-phase I want to create a couple of forms, which have to
include video files.

Now I have found that the multimedia uploader does not work for me. It will
say 'Upload successful', but I can not successfully close the upload
pop-up. The uploaded file is also not added to the Multimedia References or
to the Label (whenever I refresh). I am using a Mp4 file, but I have also
tried 3GP. I have tried on Safari and in Chrome on the mac.

To clarify, I have added this video (screen capture) to see what is
happening:

I hope you can help me with this.
Thanks.

Hello Thijs,

Thank you for the detailed bug report. I was able to reproduce this
behavior as well - I've filed a ticket for our server team to look at this
as soon as possible. Will report back here when we have resolution.

Thanks,
Will

··· On Wed, Apr 20, 2016 at 9:36 AM, Thijs B wrote:

Hi all,

I am new to this forum and am currently exploring the possibilities of
CommCare to develop a screening application.
In this test-phase I want to create a couple of forms, which have to
include video files.

Now I have found that the multimedia uploader does not work for me. It
will say 'Upload successful', but I can not successfully close the upload
pop-up. The uploaded file is also not added to the Multimedia References or
to the Label (whenever I refresh). I am using a Mp4 file, but I have also
tried 3GP. I have tried on Safari and in Chrome on the mac.

To clarify, I have added this video (screen capture) to see what is
happening:

https://youtu.be/vboYGve2M7E

I hope you can help me with this.
Thanks.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"commcare-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

I am having the same problem. Anxious to hear of the solution for this..

··· On Wednesday, April 20, 2016 at 9:36:20 AM UTC-4, Thijs B wrote: > > Hi all, > > I am new to this forum and am currently exploring the possibilities of > CommCare to develop a screening application. > In this test-phase I want to create a couple of forms, which have to > include video files. > > Now I have found that the multimedia uploader does not work for me. It > will say 'Upload successful', but I can not successfully close the upload > pop-up. The uploaded file is also not added to the Multimedia References or > to the Label (whenever I refresh). I am using a Mp4 file, but I have also > tried 3GP. I have tried on Safari and in Chrome on the mac. > > To clarify, I have added this video (screen capture) to see what is > happening: > > https://youtu.be/vboYGve2M7E > > I hope you can help me with this. > Thanks. >

Hi Jessie and Thijs,

This bug should be fixed and you should be able to upload videos now.

Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you

··· On Wednesday, April 20, 2016 at 9:36:20 AM UTC-4, Thijs B wrote: > > Hi all, > > I am new to this forum and am currently exploring the possibilities of > CommCare to develop a screening application. > In this test-phase I want to create a couple of forms, which have to > include video files. > > Now I have found that the multimedia uploader does not work for me. It > will say 'Upload successful', but I can not successfully close the upload > pop-up. The uploaded file is also not added to the Multimedia References or > to the Label (whenever I refresh). I am using a Mp4 file, but I have also > tried 3GP. I have tried on Safari and in Chrome on the mac. > > To clarify, I have added this video (screen capture) to see what is > happening: > > https://youtu.be/vboYGve2M7E > > I hope you can help me with this. > Thanks. >

Hi Jessie,

We have identified the issue, and are currently working on releasing a fix
for this. I will make sure to update you/the forum when this is resolved.

Thank you,

Robin Selwitz

··· On Tuesday, May 3, 2016 at 12:01:05 AM UTC+5:30, Jessie Baker wrote: > > I am having the same problem. Anxious to hear of the solution for this.. > > On Wednesday, April 20, 2016 at 9:36:20 AM UTC-4, Thijs B wrote: >> >> Hi all, >> >> I am new to this forum and am currently exploring the possibilities of >> CommCare to develop a screening application. >> In this test-phase I want to create a couple of forms, which have to >> include video files. >> >> Now I have found that the multimedia uploader does not work for me. It >> will say 'Upload successful', but I can not successfully close the upload >> pop-up. The uploaded file is also not added to the Multimedia References or >> to the Label (whenever I refresh). I am using a Mp4 file, but I have also >> tried 3GP. I have tried on Safari and in Chrome on the mac. >> >> To clarify, I have added this video (screen capture) to see what is >> happening: >> >> https://youtu.be/vboYGve2M7E >> >> I hope you can help me with this. >> Thanks. >> >