access to the lookup table function. I need to allocate/link facility IDs
to facility names (grouped under 6 sub-county variable names), and wondered
if there is a neater / cleaner way to do than I have done it below. We have
6 different sub-counties, so the following codes are just for 1 sub-county
(the variable name hf_name_central_kabuchai is the sub-county) - I would
need to repeat these codes 5 times for the facilities in the other 5
sub-counties, and then concatenate them to get them in one column (since
using the method below, and then repeating for each sub county means that
the facility codes end up in 6 columns).

1st sub-county:
if(/data/hf_name_central_kabuchai="Chwele_Sub_District_Hospital",15860,
if(/data/hf_name_central_kabuchai="Kabuchai_Health_Centre", 15911,
if(/data/hf_name_central_kabuchai="Kimalewa_Health_Centre", 15948,
if(/data/hf_name_central_kabuchai="Nalondo_Health_Centre", 17117,
if(/data/hf_name_central_kabuchai="Lukhome_Dispensary_Bungoma_West", 15966,
if(/data/hf_name_central_kabuchai="Luuya_Dispensary", 17116, 16125))))))

2nd subcounty:
if(data/hf_name_east_webuye_e="Sinoko_Dipsensary", 14563, if( etc. etc.

I have looked through the commcare functions and logic help page, but can't
seem to find if there is a simpler cleaner way of doing this (aside from
using a lookup table) - can anyone suggest anything?

Thanks!

Hi Sarah,

If you're choosing the subcounty in a choice question, you could set the
item value of each choice to be the code or number for each subcounty.

Thanks,
Sheel

··· On Tue, Mar 8, 2016 at 6:33 AM, 'sarah' via commcare-users < commcare-users@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Hello, my project is on the community plan and therefore does not have
access to the lookup table function. I need to allocate/link facility IDs
to facility names (grouped under 6 sub-county variable names), and wondered
if there is a neater / cleaner way to do than I have done it below. We have
6 different sub-counties, so the following codes are just for 1 sub-county
(the variable name hf_name_central_kabuchai is the sub-county) - I would
need to repeat these codes 5 times for the facilities in the other 5
sub-counties, and then concatenate them to get them in one column (since
using the method below, and then repeating for each sub county means that
the facility codes end up in 6 columns).

1st sub-county:
if(/data/hf_name_central_kabuchai="Chwele_Sub_District_Hospital",15860,
if(/data/hf_name_central_kabuchai="Kabuchai_Health_Centre", 15911,
if(/data/hf_name_central_kabuchai="Kimalewa_Health_Centre", 15948,
if(/data/hf_name_central_kabuchai="Nalondo_Health_Centre", 17117,
if(/data/hf_name_central_kabuchai="Lukhome_Dispensary_Bungoma_West", 15966,
if(/data/hf_name_central_kabuchai="Luuya_Dispensary", 17116, 16125))))))

2nd subcounty:
if(data/hf_name_east_webuye_e="Sinoko_Dipsensary", 14563, if( etc. etc.

I have looked through the commcare functions and logic help page, but
can't seem to find if there is a simpler cleaner way of doing this (aside
from using a lookup table) - can anyone suggest anything?

Thanks!

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"commcare-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
Sheel Shah
Project Manager | Dimagi
m: +1.781.428.5419 | skype: sheel_shah

Hi Sheel, thanks a lot for your suggestion. Unfortunately the codes differ
for each facility within a single sub-county, but also I need to show the
subcounty name as well as facility name :frowning: I had thought of adding the
code on to the end of the facility name in the item value, and then dealing
with separating it out in excel, but that's also a bit long winded.

Thanks,
Sarah

··· On Tuesday, 8 March 2016 15:43:06 UTC, Sheel Shah wrote: > > Hi Sarah, > > If you're choosing the subcounty in a choice question, you could set the > item value of each choice to be the code or number for each subcounty. > > Thanks, > Sheel > > On Tue, Mar 8, 2016 at 6:33 AM, 'sarah' via commcare-users < commcar...@googlegroups.com > wrote: > >> Hello, my project is on the community plan and therefore does not have >> access to the lookup table function. I need to allocate/link facility IDs >> to facility names (grouped under 6 sub-county variable names), and wondered >> if there is a neater / cleaner way to do than I have done it below. We have >> 6 different sub-counties, so the following codes are just for 1 sub-county >> (the variable name hf_name_central_kabuchai is the sub-county) - I would >> need to repeat these codes 5 times for the facilities in the other 5 >> sub-counties, and then concatenate them to get them in one column (since >> using the method below, and then repeating for each sub county means that >> the facility codes end up in 6 columns). >> >> 1st sub-county: >> if(/data/hf_name_central_kabuchai="Chwele_Sub_District_Hospital",15860, >> if(/data/hf_name_central_kabuchai="Kabuchai_Health_Centre", 15911, >> if(/data/hf_name_central_kabuchai="Kimalewa_Health_Centre", 15948, >> if(/data/hf_name_central_kabuchai="Nalondo_Health_Centre", 17117, >> if(/data/hf_name_central_kabuchai="Lukhome_Dispensary_Bungoma_West", 15966, >> if(/data/hf_name_central_kabuchai="Luuya_Dispensary", 17116, 16125)))))) >> >> 2nd subcounty: >> if(data/hf_name_east_webuye_e="Sinoko_Dipsensary", 14563, if( etc. etc. >> >> I have looked through the commcare functions and logic help page, but >> can't seem to find if there is a simpler cleaner way of doing this (aside >> from using a lookup table) - can anyone suggest anything? >> >> Thanks! >> >> -- >> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups >> "commcare-users" group. >> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an >> email to commcare-user...@googlegroups.com . >> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. >> > > > > -- > Sheel Shah > Project Manager | Dimagi > m: +1.781.428.5419 | skype: sheel_shah > > >

Could you embed the information in the user group custom data mapping?

There is a special commcare-user case for every mobile worker too if you
wanted to associate it by user.

I bet there is a crazy way to save the facility names and ids in a
translation string and extract it.

··· On Tuesday, March 8, 2016 at 11:19:05 AM UTC-5, sarah wrote: > > Hi Sheel, thanks a lot for your suggestion. Unfortunately the codes differ > for each facility within a single sub-county, but also I need to show the > subcounty name as well as facility name :-( I had thought of adding the > code on to the end of the facility name in the item value, and then dealing > with separating it out in excel, but that's also a bit long winded. > > Thanks, > Sarah > > On Tuesday, 8 March 2016 15:43:06 UTC, Sheel Shah wrote: >> >> Hi Sarah, >> >> If you're choosing the subcounty in a choice question, you could set the >> item value of each choice to be the code or number for each subcounty. >> >> Thanks, >> Sheel >> >> On Tue, Mar 8, 2016 at 6:33 AM, 'sarah' via commcare-users < commcar...@googlegroups.com> wrote: >> >>> Hello, my project is on the community plan and therefore does not have >>> access to the lookup table function. I need to allocate/link facility IDs >>> to facility names (grouped under 6 sub-county variable names), and wondered >>> if there is a neater / cleaner way to do than I have done it below. We have >>> 6 different sub-counties, so the following codes are just for 1 sub-county >>> (the variable name hf_name_central_kabuchai is the sub-county) - I would >>> need to repeat these codes 5 times for the facilities in the other 5 >>> sub-counties, and then concatenate them to get them in one column (since >>> using the method below, and then repeating for each sub county means that >>> the facility codes end up in 6 columns). >>> >>> 1st sub-county: >>> if(/data/hf_name_central_kabuchai="Chwele_Sub_District_Hospital",15860, >>> if(/data/hf_name_central_kabuchai="Kabuchai_Health_Centre", 15911, >>> if(/data/hf_name_central_kabuchai="Kimalewa_Health_Centre", 15948, >>> if(/data/hf_name_central_kabuchai="Nalondo_Health_Centre", 17117, >>> if(/data/hf_name_central_kabuchai="Lukhome_Dispensary_Bungoma_West", 15966, >>> if(/data/hf_name_central_kabuchai="Luuya_Dispensary", 17116, 16125)))))) >>> >>> 2nd subcounty: >>> if(data/hf_name_east_webuye_e="Sinoko_Dipsensary", 14563, if( etc. etc. >>> >>> I have looked through the commcare functions and logic help page, but >>> can't seem to find if there is a simpler cleaner way of doing this (aside >>> from using a lookup table) - can anyone suggest anything? >>> >>> Thanks! >>> >>> -- >>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google >>> Groups "commcare-users" group. >>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send >>> an email to commcare-user...@googlegroups.com. >>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. >>> >> >> >> >> -- >> Sheel Shah >> Project Manager | Dimagi >> m: +1.781.428.5419 | skype: sheel_shah >> >> >>