How to stop UCR, building a Report

Hi There,

We were building a certain number of UCR reports on our project eCHIS. meanwhile, we want one report to build fast. so that we delete the remaining report data source(rebuild on progress).

after deletion, we are not observing any change on speed.

1. Is the deletion of data source stops the background process of a deleted report?

2. Is there any mechanism to separately stop UCR Datasource build? I've seen the following options on edit datasource page. I can't find Stop datasource option.

"Resume Build" is used to resume a build that has failed unexpectedly without starting over. I'm not aware of any feature that deliberately force-stops an in-progress rebuild.

we want one report to build fast. so that we delete the remaining report data source(rebuild on progress).

I'm not certain that multiple concurrent rebuilds has a meaningful performance impact on another rebuild, as each rebuild is single threaded anyways. Full rebuilds are not necessary under normal operation, only when the data source definition changes. As data comes in, it should be added to the data source automatically.

You can use ./manage.py profile_data_source <domain> <data source id> <doc id> to profile a datasource on a particular doc. It will give you information such as functions that take the longest and number of database queries it initiates.

One common reason for slowness is related_doc lookups. They do not scale well, and are best avoided if possible when performance is a significant concern.

1 Like

Hi Ethan,

Actually this is a late reply. the issue is solved.

we solved by stop all services->deleting datasource-> and building again. Then It finished all 2 million records with in 24 hours.