Today’s Topic Summary
- Timezone Settings Update <#137ba5229e4420f2_group_thread_0> [2
Timezone Settings Updatehttp://groups.google.com/group/commcare-users/t/381f509e8164a678
Biyeun Buczyk email@example.com Jun 04 03:53PM +0530
There was some confusion with changing a project’s timezone in
Settings & Users > Global Settings, resulting in the appearance that
changes to timezone settings were not updated at all.
Here is what happened:
- ‘Settings & Users’ has two places for setting the timezone: Global
Settings and My Account Settings.
- Per-user timezone settings from My Account Settings override any
Global Settings changes.
- Updating the timezone in Global Settings did not, by default, update
the setting in My Account Settings, so any timezone changes made in Global
Settings only took immediate effect for new Web Users.
- In order for existing Web Users to see changes, they needed to
update the setting under My Account Settings manually.
Here’s what we did to fix it:
- My Account Settings has a checkbox to override the global timezone
- This checkbox is not checked by default.
- Any timezone changes made to Global Settings will update the
timezone for all existing and new Web Users, unless a user has specifically
chosen to override the global setting.
We hope this makes the timezone setting clearer and easier to use.
Cory Zue firstname.lastname@example.org Jun 04 07:17PM +0530
The quick summary of this is the following:
- If you want to always view your project’s reports using the timezone
for that project you don’t have to do anything. This is the new default
- If you always want to see reports in your own timezone, go to:
and Users -> My account settings -> Project Settings, then check
project’s timezone setting" and choose a new timeznoe.
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Group
You can post via email email@example.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, firstname.lastname@example.org empty message.
For more options, visithttp://groups.google.com/group/commcare-users/topicsthis group.