corresponding case_id.

When I first tried to import I did make the mistake of of not chaning case
property for farmer_name to name but I tried to reimport doing this and it
still does not seem to be working. Also i went through and filled in a form
for one of these farmers and when I exported that form it did not have the
corresponding farmer ID.

How can I fix this or is there a way I can remove these imported cases and
start again?

I just read another post and looks like i wasn't doing the manual SYNC!
they are now appearing correctly!

ยทยทยท On Thursday, November 23, 2017 at 9:08:10 AM UTC+11, Isabel MacPhillamy wrote: > > I am trying to import some new cases into my app but have been running in > to a few issues. > > I believe I have followed all of the steps set out on the user help page > correctly but it seems that only have the data is appearing in the app (It > is not showing farmer name and Farmer ID). however, when I export the cases > this information is present in the export sheet with the correct > corresponding case_id. > > When I first tried to import I did make the mistake of of not chaning case > property for farmer_name to name but I tried to reimport doing this and it > still does not seem to be working. Also i went through and filled in a form > for one of these farmers and when I exported that form it did not have the > corresponding farmer ID. > > How can I fix this or is there a way I can remove these imported cases and > start again? >

Isabel_MacPhillamy,
I am new to this application and I'm having a similar issue with importing my cases. I'm can't see my cases at all. I believe I followed the steps correctly. I can't export my cases either. Seems like the import didn't work.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Hi Maira,

If syncing on the mobile device (or live preview app) doesn't fix the
issue, I'd recommend the following:

If you see your import listed in the history at

Data -> Import Cases From Excel

It's likely that the cases are imported, but not assigned to your mobile
users.

It may be helpful to look for your imported cases in

Reports -> Case List

to see who the Owner of the cases is, which should give you a starting
point to understand what's going on.

-Clayton

Hi Clayton,
Is there a way to not have an owner assigned to cases? Or another way to explain what I am trying to achieve is I want all the cases available to all the mobile users. What is the best way to accomplish that.

Should I NOT assign cases to any mobile user?

Thanks
Maira

Hi Maira,

Cases in CommCare generally must have an owner, but if your goal is to make all cases available to all mobile users, then you can achieve that by placing all of your mobile workers into a single case sharing group. More information on what this means and how to do it is available here.

Thank you Aliza. I will create a sharing group.