Dear CommCare Users,
CommCare Mobile 2.6 is now available!
Below is an outline of new 2.6 features and major updates to CommCareHQ
since the April announcement.
···* * *How to upgrade*
Most Android phones will upgrade to the new version automatically, but for
Nokia phones you must change the version of your application on CommCareHQ
to 2.6 (under Java Phone General Settings), make a new version, and install
the new version on the phones. If your Android application is not
automatically updating to 2.6, visit the CommCareODK application in the
google play store/marketplace and hit “upgrade”.
- Changed the “selected” highlight color for Choice questions and menu
items to be more visible. Instead of light blue it is now a bright green.
- Added data recovery algorithm when Nokia phone storage becomes
- Ability to add icon to “sync w server” and “send forms” menu items
- Make “#” trigger text entry in “one question per screen” mode with
interinational input mode. This is consistent with how “multiple questions
per screen” mode works with international input.
- Restore User now goes directly into the app upon completion instead of
waiting on a completed loading bar
- A process for dumping unsent forms to an SD card to later submit them
from another CommCare device.
- Fixed bugs which could cause improper application installation
- Improved networking functionality on Android versions below 4.0
- General bugfixes to improve stability of the platform
The following is a list of the major improvements we’ve made since the last
announcement in April:
- Multimedia Manager redesign and stability improvements
- Support ability for child case to update/load parent case properties
- New view for inspecting cases and forms on CommCareHQ
- Form Content Export without the confusing “itext” column
- In form designer, always display warning when you have display text
with no ID
- Adding a question is now faster on long forms
- Case export now has a progress bar
- Mobile user language is selected from a dropdown rather than written in
- Ability to mark a mobile number as default/primary for SMS
- Button to resend web user invitations
- Fixed bug that crashed some apps with incomplete translations in the
- Fixed bug that temporarily made some questions in the form designer
- In the form designer, the repeat “add/remove” checkbox now turns
on/off the ability to dynamically add to a repeat
- Fix Validate Multimedia setting for J2ME
Power users and developers only
- Group API: you can now access your Group data via our new Group API (
- We’ve also done a sweeping revision of all our API documentation to
reflect the latest version of everything. Check out
for more information on getting your data out of HQ.
- CommCare-Export: We released a beta version of a tool to automate
getting your forms and cases out of CommCare HQ. For more information see
our getting started instructions:
As always, your questions, comments, and feedback are welcome and