Hi, I have successfully used the data export tool as described on the
export tool page.

(Using Mac OS X 10.8.4)

However, I’m trying to get it to link to an external SQL database that
resides on a hostpapa web server. I am having trouble with the database url
that is entered into the “–export” section of the query string (in BOLD
below)

commcare-export --output-format sql --output *
json:mysql://[server-address]:3306/[database-name]?user=[user-name]&password=[db-password]

• –project [project-name] --query /Users/Ben/Downloads/sale.xlsx

Everything else in the above string works as I have successfully exported
to .xlsx format and to SQL format (into SQLite3) on my local machine.

However, when I run the above command, it comes back with this error:

[1] 565
-bash: --project: command not found
Bens-MacBook-Pro:~ Ben$ usage: Output a customized export of CommCareHQ
data.

commcare-hq-export: error: argument --project is required

··· * * Again, I know that the project name I have entered is correct. So I'm assuming it's something to do with the db url address. However, I know all the details for the db (e.g. server name, port, password, username) are correct as I have separately used mySQL from terminal to connect to the database using the same details.

Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Ben

Hi Ben, (including commcare-users for initial response, and then we can
discuss further off the mailing list)

Thanks for giving the tool a shot!

If the command you have pasted is exactly as entered into the terminal,
except for the pieces you have redacted, then I can offer some ideas:

1. The database URL needs to be in single quotes since the & character
    is special to the terminal. It is splitting it into two commands, and that
    is why the first command does not think it received the --project parameter.
  2. The database URL may need some adjusting:

Let me know if this helps,

• Kenn
··· On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 12:45 AM, Ben wrote:

Hi, I have successfully used the data export tool as described on the
export tool page.

(Using Mac OS X 10.8.4)

However, I’m trying to get it to link to an external SQL database that
resides on a hostpapa web server. I am having trouble with the database url
that is entered into the “–export” section of the query string (in BOLD
below)

commcare-export --output-format sql --output *
json:mysql://[server-address]:3306/[database-name]?user=[user-name]&password=[db-password]

• –project [project-name] --query /Users/Ben/Downloads/sale.xlsx

Everything else in the above string works as I have successfully exported
to .xlsx format and to SQL format (into SQLite3) on my local machine.

However, when I run the above command, it comes back with this error:

[1] 565
-bash: --project: command not found
Bens-MacBook-Pro:~ Ben$ usage: Output a customized export of CommCareHQ
data.

commcare-hq-export: error: argument --project is required
Again, I know that the project name I have entered is correct. So I’m
assuming it’s something to do with the db url address. However, I know all
the details for the db (e.g. server name, port, password, username) are
correct as I have separately used mySQL from terminal to connect to the
database using the same details.

Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Ben

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"commcare-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Wondering if anyone’s used this tool to sync with a MS SQLServer database
and might be able to advise on the URL/parameter format.
:)Ben

··· On Monday, July 22, 2013 10:42:20 AM UTC-4, Kenn Knowles wrote: > > Hi Ben, (including commcare-users for initial response, and then we can > discuss further off the mailing list) > > Thanks for giving the tool a shot! > > If the command you have pasted is exactly as entered into the terminal, > except for the pieces you have redacted, then I can offer some ideas: > > 1. The database URL needs to be in single quotes since the & character > is special to the terminal. It is splitting it into two commands, and that > is why the first command does not think it received the --project parameter. > 2. The database URL may need some adjusting: > - Perhaps this: > 'mysql://[username]:[password]@[server-address]:3306/[database-name]' > - Here is a detailed technical page one exactly the URLs we > support: > http://docs.sqlalchemy.org/en/rel_0_8/core/engines.html#database-urls > > Let me know if this helps, > > - Kenn > > > On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 12:45 AM, Ben <be...@pollinateenergy.org > wrote: > >> Hi, I have successfully used the data export tool as described on the >> export tool page. >> >> (Using Mac OS X 10.8.4) >> >> However, I'm trying to get it to link to an external SQL database that >> resides on a hostpapa web server. I am having trouble with the database url >> that is entered into the "--export" section of the query string (in BOLD >> below) >> >> commcare-export --output-format sql --output >> *json:mysql://[server-address]:3306/[database-name]?user=[user-name]&password=[db-password]* >> --project [project-name] --query /Users/Ben/Downloads/sale.xlsx >> >> Everything else in the above string works as I have successfully exported >> to .xlsx format and to SQL format (into SQLite3) on my local machine. >> >> However, when I run the above command, it comes back with this error: >> >> *[1] 565* >> *-bash: --project: command not found* >> *Bens-MacBook-Pro:~ Ben$ usage: Output a customized export of CommCareHQ >> data.* >> *commcare-hq-export: error: argument --project is required* >> >> Again, I know that the project name I have entered is correct. So I'm >> assuming it's something to do with the db url address. However, I know all >> the details for the db (e.g. server name, port, password, username) are >> correct as I have separately used mySQL from terminal to connect to the >> database using the same details. >> >> Any help on this would be much appreciated. >> >> Cheers >> Ben >> >> -- >> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups >> "commcare-users" group. >> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an >> email to commcare-user...@googlegroups.com . >> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out. >> >> >> > >

I think the link above on this thread has the format we expect to work:
http://docs.sqlalchemy.org/en/rel_0_8/core/engines.html#microsoft-sql-server

··· On Thu, Dec 18, 2014 at 6:18 PM, Ben Nardone wrote: > > > > Wondering if anyone's used this tool to sync with a MS SQLServer database > and might be able to advise on the URL/parameter format. > :)Ben > > > > On Monday, July 22, 2013 10:42:20 AM UTC-4, Kenn Knowles wrote: >> >> Hi Ben, (including commcare-users for initial response, and then we can >> discuss further off the mailing list) >> >> Thanks for giving the tool a shot! >> >> If the command you have pasted is exactly as entered into the terminal, >> except for the pieces you have redacted, then I can offer some ideas: >> >> 1. The database URL needs to be in single quotes since the & >> character is special to the terminal. It is splitting it into two commands, >> and that is why the first command does not think it received the --project >> parameter. >> 2. The database URL may need some adjusting: >> - Perhaps this: 'mysql://[username]:[password] >> @[server-address]:3306/[database-name]' >> - Here is a detailed technical page one exactly the URLs we >> support: http://docs.sqlalchemy.org/en/rel_0_8/ >> core/engines.html#database-urls >> >> >> Let me know if this helps, >> >> - Kenn >> >> >> On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 12:45 AM, Ben wrote: >> >>> Hi, I have successfully used the data export tool as described on the >>> export tool page. >>> >>> (Using Mac OS X 10.8.4) >>> >>> However, I'm trying to get it to link to an external SQL database that >>> resides on a hostpapa web server. I am having trouble with the database url >>> that is entered into the "--export" section of the query string (in BOLD >>> below) >>> >>> commcare-export --output-format sql --output >>> *json:mysql://[server-address]:3306/[database-name]?user=[user-name]&password=[db-password]* >>> --project [project-name] --query /Users/Ben/Downloads/sale.xlsx >>> >>> Everything else in the above string works as I have successfully >>> exported to .xlsx format and to SQL format (into SQLite3) on my local >>> machine. >>> >>> However, when I run the above command, it comes back with this error: >>> >>> *[1] 565* >>> *-bash: --project: command not found* >>> *Bens-MacBook-Pro:~ Ben$ usage: Output a customized export of CommCareHQ >>> data.* >>> *commcare-hq-export: error: argument --project is required* >>> >>> Again, I know that the project name I have entered is correct. So I'm >>> assuming it's something to do with the db url address. However, I know all >>> the details for the db (e.g. server name, port, password, username) are >>> correct as I have separately used mySQL from terminal to connect to the >>> database using the same details. >>> >>> Any help on this would be much appreciated. >>> >>> Cheers >>> Ben >>> >>> -- >>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google >>> Groups "commcare-users" group. >>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send >>> an email to commcare-user...@googlegroups.com. >>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out. >>> >>> >>> >> >> -- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups > "commcare-users" group. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an > email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. >

Dear Sir/Madam,

Please unsubscribe me from this group mail.

··· On Fri, Dec 19, 2014 at 2:20 AM, Cory Zue wrote: > > I think the link above on this thread has the format we expect to work: > http://docs.sqlalchemy.org/en/rel_0_8/core/engines.html#microsoft-sql-server > > On Thu, Dec 18, 2014 at 6:18 PM, Ben Nardone wrote: >> >> >> >> Wondering if anyone's used this tool to sync with a MS SQLServer database >> and might be able to advise on the URL/parameter format. >> :)Ben >> >> >> >> On Monday, July 22, 2013 10:42:20 AM UTC-4, Kenn Knowles wrote: >>> >>> Hi Ben, (including commcare-users for initial response, and then we can >>> discuss further off the mailing list) >>> >>> Thanks for giving the tool a shot! >>> >>> If the command you have pasted is exactly as entered into the terminal, >>> except for the pieces you have redacted, then I can offer some ideas: >>> >>> 1. The database URL needs to be in single quotes since the & >>> character is special to the terminal. It is splitting it into two commands, >>> and that is why the first command does not think it received the --project >>> parameter. >>> 2. The database URL may need some adjusting: >>> - Perhaps this: 'mysql://[username]:[password] >>> @[server-address]:3306/[database-name]' >>> - Here is a detailed technical page one exactly the URLs we >>> support: http://docs.sqlalchemy.org/en/rel_0_8/ >>> core/engines.html#database-urls >>> >>> >>> Let me know if this helps, >>> >>> - Kenn >>> >>> >>> On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 12:45 AM, Ben wrote: >>> >>>> Hi, I have successfully used the data export tool as described on the >>>> export tool page. >>>> >>>> (Using Mac OS X 10.8.4) >>>> >>>> However, I'm trying to get it to link to an external SQL database that >>>> resides on a hostpapa web server. I am having trouble with the database url >>>> that is entered into the "--export" section of the query string (in BOLD >>>> below) >>>> >>>> commcare-export --output-format sql --output >>>> *json:mysql://[server-address]:3306/[database-name]?user=[user-name]&password=[db-password]* >>>> --project [project-name] --query /Users/Ben/Downloads/sale.xlsx >>>> >>>> Everything else in the above string works as I have successfully >>>> exported to .xlsx format and to SQL format (into SQLite3) on my local >>>> machine. >>>> >>>> However, when I run the above command, it comes back with this error: >>>> >>>> *[1] 565* >>>> *-bash: --project: command not found* >>>> *Bens-MacBook-Pro:~ Ben$ usage: Output a customized export of >>>> CommCareHQ data.* >>>> *commcare-hq-export: error: argument --project is required* >>>> >>>> Again, I know that the project name I have entered is correct. So I'm >>>> assuming it's something to do with the db url address. However, I know all >>>> the details for the db (e.g. server name, port, password, username) are >>>> correct as I have separately used mySQL from terminal to connect to the >>>> database using the same details. >>>> >>>> Any help on this would be much appreciated. >>>> >>>> Cheers >>>> Ben >>>> >>>> -- >>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google >>>> Groups "commcare-users" group. >>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send >>>> an email to commcare-user...@googlegroups.com. >>>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out. >>>> >>>> >>>> >>> >>> -- >> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups >> "commcare-users" group. >> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an >> email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. >> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. >> > -- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups > "commcare-users" group. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an > email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. >