Hi, I have successfully used the data export tool as described on the
export tool page.

(Using Mac OS X 10.8.4)

However, I'm trying to get it to link to an external SQL database that
resides on a hostpapa web server. I am having trouble with the database url
that is entered into the "--export" section of the query string (in BOLD
below)

commcare-export --output-format sql --output *
json:mysql://[server-address]:3306/[database-name]?user=[user-name]&password=[db-password]

• --project [project-name] --query /Users/Ben/Downloads/sale.xlsx

Everything else in the above string works as I have successfully exported
to .xlsx format and to SQL format (into SQLite3) on my local machine.

However, when I run the above command, it comes back with this error:

[1] 565
-bash: --project: command not found
Bens-MacBook-Pro:~ Ben$ usage: Output a customized export of CommCareHQ
data.

commcare-hq-export: error: argument --project is required

··· * * Again, I know that the project name I have entered is correct. So I'm assuming it's something to do with the db url address. However, I know all the details for the db (e.g. server name, port, password, username) are correct as I have separately used mySQL from terminal to connect to the database using the same details.

Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Ben

Hi Ben, (including commcare-users for initial response, and then we can
discuss further off the mailing list)

Thanks for giving the tool a shot!

If the command you have pasted is exactly as entered into the terminal,
except for the pieces you have redacted, then I can offer some ideas:

1. The database URL needs to be in single quotes since the & character
    is special to the terminal. It is splitting it into two commands, and that
    is why the first command does not think it received the --project parameter.
  2. The database URL may need some adjusting:

Let me know if this helps,

• Kenn
··· On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 12:45 AM, Ben wrote:

Hi, I have successfully used the data export tool as described on the
export tool page.

(Using Mac OS X 10.8.4)

However, I'm trying to get it to link to an external SQL database that
resides on a hostpapa web server. I am having trouble with the database url
that is entered into the "--export" section of the query string (in BOLD
below)

commcare-export --output-format sql --output *
json:mysql://[server-address]:3306/[database-name]?user=[user-name]&password=[db-password]

• --project [project-name] --query /Users/Ben/Downloads/sale.xlsx

Everything else in the above string works as I have successfully exported
to .xlsx format and to SQL format (into SQLite3) on my local machine.

However, when I run the above command, it comes back with this error:

[1] 565
-bash: --project: command not found
Bens-MacBook-Pro:~ Ben$ usage: Output a customized export of CommCareHQ
data.

commcare-hq-export: error: argument --project is required
Again, I know that the project name I have entered is correct. So I'm
assuming it's something to do with the db url address. However, I know all
the details for the db (e.g. server name, port, password, username) are
correct as I have separately used mySQL from terminal to connect to the
database using the same details.

Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Ben

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"commcare-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Wondering if anyone's used this tool to sync with a MS SQLServer database
and might be able to advise on the URL/parameter format.
:)Ben

··· On Monday, July 22, 2013 10:42:20 AM UTC-4, Kenn Knowles wrote: > > Hi Ben, (including commcare-users for initial response, and then we can > discuss further off the mailing list) > > Thanks for giving the tool a shot! > > If the command you have pasted is exactly as entered into the terminal, > except for the pieces you have redacted, then I can offer some ideas: > > 1. The database URL needs to be in single quotes since the & character > is special to the terminal. It is splitting it into two commands, and that > is why the first command does not think it received the --project parameter. > 2. The database URL may need some adjusting: > - Perhaps this: > 'mysql://[username]:[password]@[server-address]:3306/[database-name]' > - Here is a detailed technical page one exactly the URLs we > support: > http://docs.sqlalchemy.org/en/rel_0_8/core/engines.html#database-urls > > Let me know if this helps, > > - Kenn > > > On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 12:45 AM, Ben <be...@pollinateenergy.org > wrote: > >> Hi, I have successfully used the data export tool as described on the >> export tool page. >> >> (Using Mac OS X 10.8.4) >> >> However, I'm trying to get it to link to an external SQL database that >> resides on a hostpapa web server. I am having trouble with the database url >> that is entered into the "--export" section of the query string (in BOLD >> below) >> >> commcare-export --output-format sql --output >> *json:mysql://[server-address]:3306/[database-name]?user=[user-name]&password=[db-password]* >> --project [project-name] --query /Users/Ben/Downloads/sale.xlsx >> >> Everything else in the above string works as I have successfully exported >> to .xlsx format and to SQL format (into SQLite3) on my local machine. >> >> However, when I run the above command, it comes back with this error: >> >> *[1] 565* >> *-bash: --project: command not found* >> *Bens-MacBook-Pro:~ Ben$ usage: Output a customized export of CommCareHQ >> data.* >> *commcare-hq-export: error: argument --project is required* >> >> Again, I know that the project name I have entered is correct. So I'm >> assuming it's something to do with the db url address. However, I know all >> the details for the db (e.g. server name, port, password, username) are >> correct as I have separately used mySQL from terminal to connect to the >> database using the same details. >> >> Any help on this would be much appreciated. >> >> Cheers >> Ben >> >> -- >> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups >> "commcare-users" group. >> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an >> email to commcare-user...@googlegroups.com . >> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out. >> >> >> > >

I think the link above on this thread has the format we expect to work:
http://docs.sqlalchemy.org/en/rel_0_8/core/engines.html#microsoft-sql-server

··· On Thu, Dec 18, 2014 at 6:18 PM, Ben Nardone wrote: > > > > Wondering if anyone's used this tool to sync with a MS SQLServer database > and might be able to advise on the URL/parameter format. > :)Ben > > > > On Monday, July 22, 2013 10:42:20 AM UTC-4, Kenn Knowles wrote: >> >> Hi Ben, (including commcare-users for initial response, and then we can >> discuss further off the mailing list) >> >> Thanks for giving the tool a shot! >> >> If the command you have pasted is exactly as entered into the terminal, >> except for the pieces you have redacted, then I can offer some ideas: >> >> 1. The database URL needs to be in single quotes since the & >> character is special to the terminal. It is splitting it into two commands, >> and that is why the first command does not think it received the --project >> parameter. >> 2. The database URL may need some adjusting: >> - Perhaps this: 'mysql://[username]:[password] >> @[server-address]:3306/[database-name]' >> - Here is a detailed technical page one exactly the URLs we >> support: http://docs.sqlalchemy.org/en/rel_0_8/ >> core/engines.html#database-urls >> >> >> Let me know if this helps, >> >> - Kenn >> >> >> On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 12:45 AM, Ben wrote: >> >>> Hi, I have successfully used the data export tool as described on the >>> export tool page. >>> >>> (Using Mac OS X 10.8.4) >>> >>> However, I'm trying to get it to link to an external SQL database that >>> resides on a hostpapa web server. I am having trouble with the database url >>> that is entered into the "--export" section of the query string (in BOLD >>> below) >>> >>> commcare-export --output-format sql --output >>> *json:mysql://[server-address]:3306/[database-name]?user=[user-name]&password=[db-password]* >>> --project [project-name] --query /Users/Ben/Downloads/sale.xlsx >>> >>> Everything else in the above string works as I have successfully >>> exported to .xlsx format and to SQL format (into SQLite3) on my local >>> machine. >>> >>> However, when I run the above command, it comes back with this error: >>> >>> *[1] 565* >>> *-bash: --project: command not found* >>> *Bens-MacBook-Pro:~ Ben$ usage: Output a customized export of CommCareHQ >>> data.* >>> *commcare-hq-export: error: argument --project is required* >>> >>> Again, I know that the project name I have entered is correct. So I'm >>> assuming it's something to do with the db url address. However, I know all >>> the details for the db (e.g. server name, port, password, username) are >>> correct as I have separately used mySQL from terminal to connect to the >>> database using the same details. >>> >>> Any help on this would be much appreciated. >>> >>> Cheers >>> Ben >>> >>> -- >>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google >>> Groups "commcare-users" group. >>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send >>> an email to commcare-user...@googlegroups.com. >>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out. >>> >>> >>> >> >> -- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups > "commcare-users" group. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an > email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. >

Dear Sir/Madam,

Please unsubscribe me from this group mail.

··· On Fri, Dec 19, 2014 at 2:20 AM, Cory Zue wrote: > > I think the link above on this thread has the format we expect to work: > http://docs.sqlalchemy.org/en/rel_0_8/core/engines.html#microsoft-sql-server > > On Thu, Dec 18, 2014 at 6:18 PM, Ben Nardone wrote: >> >> >> >> Wondering if anyone's used this tool to sync with a MS SQLServer database >> and might be able to advise on the URL/parameter format. >> :)Ben >> >> >> >> On Monday, July 22, 2013 10:42:20 AM UTC-4, Kenn Knowles wrote: >>> >>> Hi Ben, (including commcare-users for initial response, and then we can >>> discuss further off the mailing list) >>> >>> Thanks for giving the tool a shot! >>> >>> If the command you have pasted is exactly as entered into the terminal, >>> except for the pieces you have redacted, then I can offer some ideas: >>> >>> 1. The database URL needs to be in single quotes since the & >>> character is special to the terminal. It is splitting it into two commands, >>> and that is why the first command does not think it received the --project >>> parameter. >>> 2. The database URL may need some adjusting: >>> - Perhaps this: 'mysql://[username]:[password] >>> @[server-address]:3306/[database-name]' >>> - Here is a detailed technical page one exactly the URLs we >>> support: http://docs.sqlalchemy.org/en/rel_0_8/ >>> core/engines.html#database-urls >>> >>> >>> Let me know if this helps, >>> >>> - Kenn >>> >>> >>> On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 12:45 AM, Ben wrote: >>> >>>> Hi, I have successfully used the data export tool as described on the >>>> export tool page. >>>> >>>> (Using Mac OS X 10.8.4) >>>> >>>> However, I'm trying to get it to link to an external SQL database that >>>> resides on a hostpapa web server. I am having trouble with the database url >>>> that is entered into the "--export" section of the query string (in BOLD >>>> below) >>>> >>>> commcare-export --output-format sql --output >>>> *json:mysql://[server-address]:3306/[database-name]?user=[user-name]&password=[db-password]* >>>> --project [project-name] --query /Users/Ben/Downloads/sale.xlsx >>>> >>>> Everything else in the above string works as I have successfully >>>> exported to .xlsx format and to SQL format (into SQLite3) on my local >>>> machine. >>>> >>>> However, when I run the above command, it comes back with this error: >>>> >>>> *[1] 565* >>>> *-bash: --project: command not found* >>>> *Bens-MacBook-Pro:~ Ben$ usage: Output a customized export of >>>> CommCareHQ data.* >>>> *commcare-hq-export: error: argument --project is required* >>>> >>>> Again, I know that the project name I have entered is correct. So I'm >>>> assuming it's something to do with the db url address. However, I know all >>>> the details for the db (e.g. server name, port, password, username) are >>>> correct as I have separately used mySQL from terminal to connect to the >>>> database using the same details. >>>> >>>> Any help on this would be much appreciated. >>>> >>>> Cheers >>>> Ben >>>> >>>> -- >>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google >>>> Groups "commcare-users" group. >>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send >>>> an email to commcare-user...@googlegroups.com. >>>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out. >>>> >>>> >>>> >>> >>> -- >> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups >> "commcare-users" group. >> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an >> email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. >> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. >> > -- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups > "commcare-users" group. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an > email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. >