Cases upload

Hi
In our case , the field staff should have all the cases pre-created and
just need to update them so I wanted to bulk upload cases using the
submission API.
Is this possible ?
Currently Im posting an xml file which returns the message Thanks for
submitting, but I do not get the cases I uploaded when I retrieve them.
What is the format of the file to be uploaded ? I'm attaching the sample
upload file

sample.xml (152 Bytes)

Got it.
Thanks Sheel !

··· On Thursday, March 28, 2013 12:24:53 PM UTC+5:30, yashseth wrote: > > Hi > In our case , the field staff should have all the cases pre-created and > just need to update them so I wanted to bulk upload cases using the > submission API. > Is this possible ? > Currently Im posting an xml file which returns the message Thanks for > submitting, but I do not get the cases I uploaded when I retrieve them. > What is the format of the file to be uploaded ? I'm attaching the sample > upload file >

Hi Yash,

I would recommend creating a form (using CommCareHQ) that creates the case
that you need. You can then submit and look at the form submission to
figure out the XML format that you need to submit to create the case.

You can also review this:
https://bitbucket.org/commcare/commcare/wiki/casexml20

Thanks,
Sheel

··· On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 12:24 PM, yashseth wrote:

Hi
submission API.
Is this possible ?
upload file

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"commcare-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

--
Sheel Shah
Project Manager | Dimagi India
t: +91 1146704670 | m: +91 9560187282

Hi Cory,
I'm attaching the file with 20 cases which is failing. A similar one with
5, 10, 11 cases is working.

create1.xml (12.3 KB)

··· On Thursday, March 28, 2013 12:24:53 PM UTC+5:30, yashseth wrote: > > Hi > In our case , the field staff should have all the cases pre-created and > just need to update them so I wanted to bulk upload cases using the > submission API. > Is this possible ? > Currently Im posting an xml file which returns the message Thanks for > submitting, but I do not get the cases I uploaded when I retrieve them. > What is the format of the file to be uploaded ? I'm attaching the sample > upload file >

Hi Sheel,
I tried this approach and successfully uploaded cases to our domain. The
problem is that at the time of bulk upload, it is working for upto 10 cases
in 1 file, but not more than that. Is there any such restriction on the
number of cases you can create at one go.
The error that I get is that the xml regular expression is too complex.
Thanks

··· On Thursday, March 28, 2013 1:06:31 PM UTC+5:30, yashseth wrote: > > Got it. > Thanks Sheel ! > > On Thursday, March 28, 2013 12:24:53 PM UTC+5:30, yashseth wrote: >> >> Hi >> In our case , the field staff should have all the cases pre-created and >> just need to update them so I wanted to bulk upload cases using the >> submission API. >> Is this possible ? >> Currently Im posting an xml file which returns the message Thanks for >> submitting, but I do not get the cases I uploaded when I retrieve them. >> What is the format of the file to be uploaded ? I'm attaching the sample >> upload file >> >

Hi Yasheth,

If you could email the xml file that causes that error to
commcarehq-support@dimagi.com we can take a look at it.

thanks,
cory

··· On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 7:30 AM, yashseth wrote:

Hi Sheel,
Thanks

On Thursday, March 28, 2013 1:06:31 PM UTC+5:30, yashseth wrote:

Got it.
Thanks Sheel !

On Thursday, March 28, 2013 12:24:53 PM UTC+5:30, yashseth wrote:

Hi
submission API.
Is this possible ?
upload file

--
"commcare-users" group.

Hi Cory,

create1.xml (12.3 KB)

··· On Thursday, April 4, 2013 5:01:56 PM UTC+5:30, Cory Zue wrote: > > Hi Yasheth, > > If you could email the xml file that causes that error to > commcareh...@dimagi.com we can take a look at it. > > thanks, > cory > > > On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 7:30 AM, yashseth <ya...@digitalgreen.org wrote: > >> Hi Sheel, >> I tried this approach and successfully uploaded cases to our domain. The >> problem is that at the time of bulk upload, it is working for upto 10 cases >> in 1 file, but not more than that. Is there any such restriction on the >> number of cases you can create at one go. >> The error that I get is that the xml regular expression is too complex. >> Thanks >> >> >> On Thursday, March 28, 2013 1:06:31 PM UTC+5:30, yashseth wrote: >>> >>> Got it. >>> Thanks Sheel ! >>> >>> On Thursday, March 28, 2013 12:24:53 PM UTC+5:30, yashseth wrote: >>>> >>>> Hi >>>> In our case , the field staff should have all the cases pre-created and >>>> just need to update them so I wanted to bulk upload cases using the >>>> submission API. >>>> Is this possible ? >>>> Currently Im posting an xml file which returns the message Thanks for >>>> submitting, but I do not get the cases I uploaded when I retrieve them. >>>> What is the format of the file to be uploaded ? I'm attaching the >>>> sample upload file >>>> >>> -- >> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups >> "commcare-users" group. >> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an >> email to commcare-user...@googlegroups.com . >> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out. >> >> >> > >

Hi Yasheth,

This should be fixed now. Let us know if you still see problems!

thanks,
Cory

··· On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 7:36 AM, yashseth wrote:

Hi Cory,

On Thursday, April 4, 2013 5:01:56 PM UTC+5:30, Cory Zue wrote:

Hi Yasheth,

If you could email the xml file that causes that error to
commcareh...@dimagi.com we can take a look at it.

thanks,
cory

On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 7:30 AM, yashseth ya...@digitalgreen.org wrote:

Hi Sheel,
Thanks

On Thursday, March 28, 2013 1:06:31 PM UTC+5:30, yashseth wrote:

Got it.
Thanks Sheel !

On Thursday, March 28, 2013 12:24:53 PM UTC+5:30, yashseth wrote:

Hi
In our case , the field staff should have all the cases pre-created
and just need to update them so I wanted to bulk upload cases using the
submission API.
Is this possible ?
What is the format of the file to be uploaded ? I'm attaching the
sample upload file

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "commcare-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
an email to commcare-user...@**googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/**groups/opt_outhttps://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out

--
"commcare-users" group.

Thanks Cory. It works now.

··· On Tuesday, April 9, 2013 7:06:26 AM UTC+5:30, Cory Zue wrote: > > Hi Yasheth, > > This should be fixed now. Let us know if you still see problems! > > thanks, > Cory > > > On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 7:36 AM, yashseth <ya...@digitalgreen.org wrote: > >> Hi Cory, >> I'm attaching the file with 20 cases which is failing. A similar one with >> 5, 10, 11 cases is working. >> >> On Thursday, April 4, 2013 5:01:56 PM UTC+5:30, Cory Zue wrote: >> >>> Hi Yasheth, >>> >>> If you could email the xml file that causes that error to >>> commcareh...@dimagi.com we can take a look at it. >>> >>> thanks, >>> cory >>> >>> >>> On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 7:30 AM, yashseth wrote: >>> >>>> Hi Sheel, >>>> I tried this approach and successfully uploaded cases to our domain. >>>> The problem is that at the time of bulk upload, it is working for upto 10 >>>> cases in 1 file, but not more than that. Is there any such restriction on >>>> the number of cases you can create at one go. >>>> The error that I get is that the xml regular expression is too complex. >>>> Thanks >>>> >>>> >>>> On Thursday, March 28, 2013 1:06:31 PM UTC+5:30, yashseth wrote: >>>>> >>>>> Got it. >>>>> Thanks Sheel ! >>>>> >>>>> On Thursday, March 28, 2013 12:24:53 PM UTC+5:30, yashseth wrote: >>>>>> >>>>>> Hi >>>>>> In our case , the field staff should have all the cases pre-created >>>>>> and just need to update them so I wanted to bulk upload cases using the >>>>>> submission API. >>>>>> Is this possible ? >>>>>> Currently Im posting an xml file which returns the message Thanks for >>>>>> submitting, but I do not get the cases I uploaded when I retrieve them. >>>>>> What is the format of the file to be uploaded ? I'm attaching the >>>>>> sample upload file >>>>>> >>>>> -- >>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google >>>> Groups "commcare-users" group. >>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send >>>> an email to commcare-user...@**googlegroups.com. >>>> >>>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/**groups/opt_out >>>> . >>>> >>>> >>>> >>> >>> -- >> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups >> "commcare-users" group. >> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an >> email to commcare-user...@googlegroups.com . >> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out. >> >> >> > >