Case sharing by module

Hi All,

Is there a way to specify case sharing for different groups by module? I
would with users to only share cases for a specific case type. Is there
anyone who has done this before or is this an existing feature on CommCare?

Regards

Mourice,

Unfortunately we don’t support this use case out of the box easily on the
app builder.

However, you can configure this manually by specifying the "owner_id"
property for new cases which you don’t want to share to be set to the id of
the current user (defined in the form as a hidden value) in the normal case
property configuration screen. That will result in those cases not being
shared.

You can retrieve the value of the current user id inside the form by
setting its calculated value to be

instance(‘commcaresession’)/session/context/userid

Regards,
-Clayton

··· On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 8:14 AM, Mourice Barasa wrote:

Hi All,

Is there a way to specify case sharing for different groups by module? I
would with users to only share cases for a specific case type. Is there
anyone who has done this before or is this an existing feature on CommCare?

Regards


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"commcare-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Thanks Clayton. This may work to sort out the challenge of case sharing.
My only issue is that the form leads to different outcomes which would lead
to different child cases to be formed bases on the response. Example is if
its a live birth then a new child and a postnatal mother is created which
should be under this CHW. If the mother dies then a verbal autopsy is
meant to be opened but this is the only one that needs to be completed by
someone else. Any advice how I can set this up will be appreciated.

··· On Jan 17, 2014 1:17 PM, "Clayton Sims" wrote:

Mourice,

Unfortunately we don’t support this use case out of the box easily on the
app builder.

However, you can configure this manually by specifying the "owner_id"
property for new cases which you don’t want to share to be set to the id of
the current user (defined in the form as a hidden value) in the normal case
property configuration screen. That will result in those cases not being
shared.

You can retrieve the value of the current user id inside the form by
setting its calculated value to be

instance(‘commcaresession’)/session/context/userid

Regards,
-Clayton

On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 8:14 AM, Mourice Barasa barazam@gmail.com wrote:

Hi All,

Is there a way to specify case sharing for different groups by module? I
would with users to only share cases for a specific case type. Is there
anyone who has done this before or is this an existing feature on CommCare?

Regards


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"commcare-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.


You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the
Google Groups “commcare-users” group.
To unsubscribe from this topic, visit
https://groups.google.com/d/topic/commcare-users/n75N4ZZl3J0/unsubscribe.
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to
commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Mourice,

I would recommend creating the Verbal Autopsy as a separate module.

Instead of setting the case management configuration to “opens a case”, you
can try “opens a case in a different module”. You can create two different
case creation blocks, one with the custom property, and one without. One
representing the live birth, one representing the verbal autopsy.

Does that make sense?

-Clayton

··· On Sat, Jan 18, 2014 at 12:25 PM, Mourice Barasa wrote:

Thanks Clayton. This may work to sort out the challenge of case sharing.
My only issue is that the form leads to different outcomes which would lead
to different child cases to be formed bases on the response. Example is if
its a live birth then a new child and a postnatal mother is created which
should be under this CHW. If the mother dies then a verbal autopsy is
meant to be opened but this is the only one that needs to be completed by
someone else. Any advice how I can set this up will be appreciated.
On Jan 17, 2014 1:17 PM, “Clayton Sims” csims@dimagi.com wrote:

Mourice,

Unfortunately we don’t support this use case out of the box easily on the
app builder.

However, you can configure this manually by specifying the "owner_id"
property for new cases which you don’t want to share to be set to the id of
the current user (defined in the form as a hidden value) in the normal case
property configuration screen. That will result in those cases not being
shared.

You can retrieve the value of the current user id inside the form by
setting its calculated value to be

instance(‘commcaresession’)/session/context/userid

Regards,
-Clayton

On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 8:14 AM, Mourice Barasa barazam@gmail.comwrote:

Hi All,

Is there a way to specify case sharing for different groups by module? I
would with users to only share cases for a specific case type. Is there
anyone who has done this before or is this an existing feature on CommCare?

Regards


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups “commcare-users” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
an email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.


You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the
Google Groups “commcare-users” group.
To unsubscribe from this topic, visit
https://groups.google.com/d/topic/commcare-users/n75N4ZZl3J0/unsubscribe.
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to
commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"commcare-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.