Can we do our testing of unstarred versions on the commcare WEB APP?

HI all --

As we develop and change our big app, we take some Android phones and we configure them so that they have "UPDATE OPTIONS" set to "Latest version." So that it gets to use versions that are still being built, not yet launched.

BUT --- we would really rather do that kind of testing on the commcare web-app... the version of commcare that is used through the browser.

Many of our users use the web app for real use, so of course we don't want ALL web app users to see the unstarred versions. just a few testers.

*** Can we tell our web-app to sometimes use the unstarred version, so we can do testing using the web app?

THANKS
eric

Hi Eric,

Most teams use the Live Preview feature with the Login As functionality to test the latest version of an app. Is specific there a reason why you want to use Web Apps instead? They should be essentially functionally identical

-Clayton

aha, thanks, let me give that a try. I went for a while being kind of skeptical of that preview thing, maybe because I used an early rough version. I'll give it a try.

eric

Hi Eric,

One thing you'll likely find helpful is that there's a setting to disable "One Question Per Screen" mode on the application preview, which will make the testing experience significantly faster if your primary concern is validation testing.

-Clayton