App not working when installing a new version

Hi,

We have an issue on a tablet device whereby we have made changes to the
database and then published a new version of the app. When we uninstall the
old version, then install the new version using the new code, it no longer
works. Is there a known reason for this?

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

BW

Adam

Hello Adam,

It is possible that you are using an older version of CommCare. Before
installing the new version, try going into Playstore and updating CommCare.

I hope that helps,
Ayla

··· On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 9:06 AM, Adam Devall wrote:

Hi,

We have an issue on a tablet device whereby we have made changes to the
database and then published a new version of the app. When we uninstall the
old version, then install the new version using the new code, it no longer
works. Is there a known reason for this?

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

BW

Adam


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"commcare-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


Ayla Reith
Senior Field Manager | Analyste Projet
West Africa | Afrique de l’Ouest
Dimagi, Inc

m (
​Senegal
):

​​+221 77 760 74 36
​​

Skype : aylareith1
http://www.dimagi.com/

Thanks. We are definitely using the latest version. Once the new version
has installed, you press start and it goes to a blank screen for 2 seconds
before crashing. Any ideas?

··· On Tuesday, June 20, 2017 at 10:55:00 AM UTC+1, areith wrote: > > Hello Adam, > > It is possible that you are using an older version of CommCare. Before > installing the new version, try going into Playstore and updating CommCare. > > > I hope that helps, > Ayla > > On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 9:06 AM, Adam Devall <a.dev...@gmail.com > wrote: > >> Hi, >> >> We have an issue on a tablet device whereby we have made changes to the >> database and then published a new version of the app. When we uninstall the >> old version, then install the new version using the new code, it no longer >> works. Is there a known reason for this? >> >> Any help would be hugely appreciated. >> >> BW >> >> Adam >> >> -- >> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups >> "commcare-users" group. >> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an >> email to commcare-user...@googlegroups.com . >> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. >> > > > > -- > *Ayla Reith* > Senior Field Manager | Analyste Projet > West Africa | Afrique de l'Ouest > Dimagi, Inc > ​ > m ( > *​Senegal* > ): > ​ > *​​+221 77 760 74 36* > ​​ > > Skype : aylareith1 > http://www.dimagi.com/ >

Hi Adam. This could be due to any number of things, so I would suggest
reporting an issue by following the instructions here
https://confluence.dimagi.com/display/commcarepublic/Bug+Reports, and
then our support team will be able to look into what’s going on.

··· On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 3:37 PM, Adam Devall wrote:

Thanks. We are definitely using the latest version. Once the new version
has installed, you press start and it goes to a blank screen for 2 seconds
before crashing. Any ideas?

On Tuesday, June 20, 2017 at 10:55:00 AM UTC+1, areith wrote:

Hello Adam,

It is possible that you are using an older version of CommCare. Before
installing the new version, try going into Playstore and updating CommCare.

I hope that helps,
Ayla

On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 9:06 AM, Adam Devall a.dev...@gmail.com wrote:

Hi,

We have an issue on a tablet device whereby we have made changes to the
database and then published a new version of the app. When we uninstall the
old version, then install the new version using the new code, it no longer
works. Is there a known reason for this?

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

BW

Adam


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups “commcare-users” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
an email to commcare-user...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


Ayla Reith
Senior Field Manager | Analyste Projet
West Africa | Afrique de l’Ouest
Dimagi, Inc

m (
​Senegal
):

​​+221 77 760 74 36
​​

Skype : aylareith1
http://www.dimagi.com/


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"commcare-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.